Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I analyzed my blog and found...

So I did a quick tally in my"Posts" section, wanting to see what kind of posts had created the most traffic. These were my top 5 posts, in order:

5.) Quarter Century Crisis --43 views
4.) On Writing --44 views
3.) One Year Review --45 views
2.) Sex, Happiness, Gymmnastics --55 views (Probs because I tricked you with "sex" in the title)
1.) Twenty Six --56 views


Now on one hand, I'm a little sad that my book reviews haven't generated much traffic. But I get it. Someone who doesn't like to read isn't going to care what my summer reading list is or that I couldn't finish Anna Karenina. If this were someone elses blog, I would be waiting for the personal entries. Or better yet, a personal entry with pictures. I love reading about the lives of people I know. I guess I assumed no one else would feel that way, but to my surprise, that doesn't seem to be the case! So thank you so much for having an interest in my life, it truly means a lot to me.

So maybe I'll change my format a bit, slide some book info into a post where I talk about how I got my eyebrows pierced, or something to that effect. (If my mom is reading this, she is thinking "Oh, no, not again").

I find writing in a public forum to be therapeutic in a way, so even if you stop listening, I will still be here sharing. And I hope you don't stop listening! I have a lot to say :)

No comments:

Post a Comment