Friday, April 11, 2014

Etsy Love

Whoops, 4 months have gone by. How did that happen?

I blame baby blogs for my lack of posting. All of the blogs that I follow (that post regularly, or semi-regularly) are focused on new babies or adorable toddler stories. I get completely sucked in and I don't even have kids! Aside from my own thoughts and ideas about the future, I really don't have any ground to stand on when it comes to talking about cloth diapers.
Or stroller reviews.
Or decorating a baby room.
Or breastfeeding.
I find all of it unbelievably exciting! That may sound kind of silly, but it makes sense to me. And I've been seriously considering turning this into a mommy blog when the time comes. I think it's the easiest way to talk about the little things in life...because they really are the big things. A lost tooth. Discovering feet. Reaction to tasting a strawberry. I've seen mommies write a single long post about a favorite toy, or a first headstand. Blowing bubbles and stomping in puddles. Especially when there are pictures included, they are never boring to read.

But I gotta tell ya...without kids, those kind of "little-big moments" are fewer and far between. And it just doesn't occur to me to write about them when they do happen. So many of my past blog posts have been "big picture" posts about birthdays and anniversaries and how I feel as a person. Extremely introspective...and hard to illustrate with pictures.

Hence the nature of this post! I've been all over Etsy these past few months, oohing and aahing over how creative people are! These are some of my fav purchases:





This called to me in all kinds of different ways, from my love of the 90s and my love of Home Alone to my love of fun t-shirts. I was able to wear it a couple times during the season and, not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to wearing it again this December. I tried to include a link, but that particular listing doesn't seem to exist anymore. I included a link to a list of similar items.




My sister picked up a beautiful ring from Israel that had an important Jewish prayer on it. I was pretty jealous of it and went searching on Etsy for a smilier ring. While I couldn't find that exact ring, I found many others sporting the same prayer in many different and beautiful ways. I picked this ring and I love it!

This ring was trending on Etsy and it caught my eye. I LOVE that it is adjustable, as I have stupidly small fingers and rings are rarely made in my size. It is cute costume ring and the shop it comes from has many similar rings with all different kinds of stones.


I'm nostalgic. I can't help it. Normally the print comes with just one heart, but I contacted the shop and asked if instead of just one heart, if I could have 3. Two little hearts representing where Dan and I were from and then a bigger heart where we got married. They were happy to customize it for me. The shop has all the states in a bunch of different colors.





Ugly Hanukkah sweater! They have hundreds and hundreds of ugly Christmas sweaters out there, but the world is severely lacking in the other department. Granted, it's not as ugly as it probably could be, but it gets the point across.




The link is only for the print, not the frame. I envisioned it in a white frame, hanging over my pilot husband's man chair. And that's exactly where it is. This shop has OVER 600 "Keep Calm" prints, for all different kinds of reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment